Online Self-Study Course Details
CPCE Contact Hours: 12
Price: $149 NACE Members/ $199 Non-Members
Learning Level: Emerging
The Catering Service online course is primarily designed for new or less-experienced catering professionals and other professionals seeking a refresher of catering fundamentals.
Our convenient online format provides students with on-demand access to course content. The courses are self-study – students watch videos, take quizzes, and receive immediate results. Purchase of one course provides 30 days of access.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a menu by understanding food, beverage, labor and overhead costs
- Prepare an effective menu proposal based on the client's goals and objectives
- Describe basic characteristics of various styles of food service
- Estimate staffing needs for typical catered events using a particular style of service
- Prepare to execute both on and off-premise catered events
- Analyzing costs and setting sales prices
- Creating the proposal and closing the sale
- Preparing the Event
- Executing the Event